Industrial Heat - A Climate Alliance of Aurubis and enercity
The largest industrial heat project in Germany
Hamburg's HafenCity East is the first city neighborhood to be supplied solely with CO2-free industrial heat. Aurubis extracts CO2-free heat from a chemical subprocess of copper production and delivers it together with enercity via a roughly 3.7 km long pipeline connection to HafenCity East and Rothenburgsort.
The project is unique in Germany in terms of both size and complexity. It prevents 20,000 tons of CO2, which is equivalent to the emissions of about 10,000 mid-range cars driving 12,000 km per year. Industrial heat is a flagship project for a climate-friendly heat supply.
Um das video zu sehen den QR code scannen
Facts & Figures
- The pipeline connection from the heat source to HafenCity East is 3.7 km long, nearly the same length as Hamburg’s Köhlbrand Bridge.
- The heat volume of 160 millionkWh can supply a total of 8,000 four-person households for about a year.
- The industrial heat project prevents 20,000 t of CO2. This is equivalent to the emissions of 10,000 mid-range cars driving 12,000 km per year.
- The adjustment to the acid cooling facility saves 12 million m3 of cooling water and Elbe River water annually. This is equivalent to the volume of around 4,800 Olympic-size swimming pools.
- Aurubis and Enercity each invested over € 20 million in the industrial heat project.
Um die heruntergeladene Komponente zu sehen den QR code scannen
Senior Vice President Corporate Energy & Climate Affairs
|Phone||+49 40 7883-3955|