Technical Support, Research and Development
We have constantly active research and development together with our wide range partner network. We use our state-of-the-art laboratory equipment together with our customers’ needs to improve and develop our products. Our metallurgical and application know-how enable us to offer unique services for our partners.
We provide all in-depth metallographic analysis methods. In combination with extensive destructive and non-destructive material testing, complete material characterisations are feasible.
Technical support with newest high-technology machinery
Complementary high-tech equipment such as the nanoindenter, 3D surface profilers (laser confocal scanning & white light interferometry) and high-quality confidential equipment ensure a unique depth of analysis.
Our services include (but are not limited to) support in following highly sophisticated topics:
- Material recommendation for existing and new technologies (including IMS, Thermal Diffusion Bonding, and so on)
- High temperature brazing and bonding simulations for AMB and DCB
- Alloy optimization for different applications
- Flat and pin fin base plate optimization
- Alternative solutions to avoid soldering cracks due to temperature changes
- Alternative solutions to Al wire bonding
- Elastic modulus (Youngs modulus) and Fracture Toughness
- Measuring of copper characterizations from bonded/brazed copper-ceramic substrates
- Berkovich tip
- X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF)
- Energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX)