Oxygen-free copper rod –
Aurubis FOXROD is a directly cast, oxygen-free copper rod, which can also be low-alloyed depending on the customer's requirements. It is produced from high-quality Aurubis cathodes that meet the LME Grade A standard with a copper content of more than 99.99 %. In addition to high conductivity, Aurubis FOXROD is also resistant to hydrogen embrittlement and is used in safety applications and certain joining processes.
Basis for sophisticated applications
Aurubis FOXROD is produced in state-of-the-art upward casting plants and is characterized by a clean metallic surface that is free of organic hydrocarbons. It is cast directly to the required final diameter, eliminating the need for rolling to a specific diameter, and requires no further surface treatment with pickling agents or preservatives. In addition, there are no copper oxide particles (CuO2) in the copper matrix, which can improve the fatigue resistance of wires in cables.
Aurubis FOXROD is resistant to hydrogen embrittlement. Keeping the oxygen content well below the required standards prevents bound oxygen from reacting with hydrogen and thus producing water vapor. This water vapor makes the copper structure porous, thereby severely impairing the current-carrying conductor cross-section and ultimately causing the copper component to fail. Aurubis FOXROD is thus particularly suitable for processing in hydrogen-containing atmospheres (such as in some thermal joining and annealing processes).
Electrical conductivity in % IACS
Aurubis FOXROD casting furnaces
Application with small diameters (8 mm)
- Aurubis FOXROD is used in forward-looking technologies and safety applications
- Our oxygen-free copper rod with a 8 mm diameter is processed into thin wires with diameters of 50 µm and less, among other things.
- These are used to produce flexible wires and strands for applications such as automotive ABS systems and fire-resistant cables for safety-related infrastructure
Applications with larger diameters (> 8 mm)
- Aurubis FOXROD with larger diameters (> 8 mm) is mainly processed in extrusion
- Simple as well as complex profiles can be manufactured
- Conducting bars and flat wires for use in electrical engineering (transformers, generators and electric motors) are produced using Aurubis FOXROD
- Designation: Cu-OFE
- Material number according to DIN EN: CW009A
- Material number according to UNS: C10100
- Oxygen content: < 4 ppm
- Electrical conductivity: > 101 % IACS
- Copper content: > 99.99 %
- Designation: Cu-HCP based on Cu-OFE
- Material number according to DIN EN: CW021A
- Phosphorus content: 0.001 - 0.007 wt% P
- Electrical conductivity: > 101 % IACS - 97.4 % IACS
- Copper content: > 99.95 %
- Designation: Cu-DXP based on Cu-OFE
- Phosphorus content: 0.04 - 0.06 wt%
- Electrical conductivity: > 76.4 % IACS - 67.8 % IACS
- Copper content: > 99.99 %
- Designation: CuAg based on OFE
- Material number according to DIN EN: CW017A
- Material number according to UNS: C10930
- Silver content: 0.005 - 0.05 wt%
- Electrical conductivity: > 100 % IACS
- Copper content: remainder
- Designation: CuSn based on OFE
- Tin content: 0.005 - 0.05 wt%
- Electrical conductivity: 100 % IACS - 66 % IACS
- Copper content: remainder
|CuAg (OFE)||CuSn (OFE)|
Um das video zu sehen den QR code scannen
Multimetal supplier Aurubis produces high-quality metals as well as semi-finished and finished products at its plants and production facilities as it pursues its mission to become the world’s most sustainable smelter network. We not only have an enormously high-quality approach to our own semi-finished and finished products; our focus on sustainability and the environment has been a daily incentive to us to continue improving for more than two decades. With our new label, Tomorrow Metals by Aurubis, we indicate that sustainability plays a role in all our activities. The four pillars of environmental protection, awareness of our carbon footprint, recycling and responsibility – for people as well as the supply chain – serve as guiding principles to help us achieve the goals we have set for ourselves. As a result, customers acquire products that are not only excellent quality but also sustainable and low-emission, as a basis for processing along the entire supply chain.
Aurubis – a customer-oriented partner
Aurubis produces a wide range of metals and semi-finished products and makes an important contribution to the circular economy through multimetal recycling. Supply security is ensured through fully integrated production from anodes to cathodes to copper products. This is also reflected by redundancies with four ROD plants and four tankhouses.
The metal extraction processes at Aurubis are continuously improved so they remain state-of-the-art. We draw on the unique expertise of our specialists in the extraction, processing and recycling of metals and complex compounds.
Aurubis is a solidly positioned MDAX company and is thus a strong, financially sound copper supplier for the long term. We offer customer-specific price hedging solutions with full pricing transparency.
Aurubis offers customers an option called copper on account (Wandelkupfer), which enables them to secure supplies for their own supply chain using copper positions. Customers can flexibly procure copper from Aurubis and provide it to their own suppliers through copper accounts.
For Aurubis, responsible corporate governance is an integral contribution to securing the company's future. The 2030 sustainability targets establish the framework for this purpose. They are a component of the Aurubis corporate strategy and are divided into the focus areas People, Environment, and Economy.