Metals for Progress
Aurubis Bulgaria is part of Aurubis AG, one of Europe’s leading copper producer and one of the world’s largest copper recycler based in Hamburg, Germany. The company is the largest industrial taxpayer in the country and has a structural importance for the economy of Bulgaria. Aurubis Bulgaria main activities are processing of copper concentrates, production of cathode copper registered on the London Metal Exchange as Pirdop brand, of copper anodes and co-products such as sulfuric acid and iron silicate.
Aurubis Bulgaria plant is located in the Srednogorie region. From its establishment in 1958 to nowadays the copper plant near Pirdop and Zlatitsa is inseparable part of region’s history and the development of Bulgaria. There is hardly a family from the Srednogorie that has not been in any way part of this journey throughout more than six decades.
Aurubis Bulgaria is also a R&D hub that develop solutions and improvements for copper extraction and environmental protection. The company carries out a sustainable policy of social responsibility at national and regional level focused on support of education, healthcare, culture, local communities, young talents, people with disabilities.
Facts & figures
- Leading European producer of LSE certified cathode copper, "Pirdop" brand.
- EUR 600 M investments for 1998-2018. Ongoing EUR 132 M investment program "Aurubis Bulgaria 2022" 885 employees. 2500 indirect jobs.
- Quality management system ISO 9001, Environments management system ISO14001, Occupational Health and Safety management system ISO 45001.
- 8 percent of the total export, 4 percent of the import (2019). The largest taxpayer in Bulgaria.
- Sustainable social policy in the Srednogorie and the country. Support of education, young talents, culture, sports, healthcare.
Um das video zu sehen den QR code scannen