Product quality and safety
Optimal quality and innovative solutions contribute to securing the Group’s future.
Exceptional quality is the foundation of our long history and our success. This is why we are bound to the highest standards and strive for the production of flawless products with consistently high process and service quality in all company divisions around the world. For instance, our copper cathodes have an outstanding chemical quality that exceeds the requirements of the metal exchanges.
The quality management systems at all of the production sites are certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008. The Business Line Flat Rolled Products sites in Buffalo, Stolberg and Zutphen have also been certified in accordance with the stricter rules of the standard ISO TS 16949.
Our own quality standards are expressed in outstanding product and service quality. In addition to excellent products, we offer our customers high-quality services, for example in logistics and commercial and technical customer service. Our engineers support our customers on site. Training, seminars and workshops round off our service offering.
- EMAS: System with specifications for environmental management systems and environmental audits
- ISO 14001: Standard on requirements for environmental management systems
- ISO 50001: Standard on requirements for energy management systems
- ISO 9001: Standard on requirements for quality management systems
- IATF 16949: Standard on requirements for quality management systems in the automotive industry, based on ISO 90001
- EfbV: Ordinance on specialized waste management companies (certificate in DE)
- ISO 45001: Standard on requirements for occupational health and safety management systems
- OHSAS 18001: Standard on requirements for occupational health and safety management systems
Copper as an element is not dangerous to the environment or to people. This is also true for our high-purity copper products and their processing, if the processes of hot and cold forming are carried out correctly. Copper’s harmlessness was also confirmed by a voluntary risk analysis of the copper industry in 2008.
Safety data sheets are available for copper and a number of other products. We can also issue an inspection certificate for every delivery which shows the precise chemical composition of the products and other physical parameters. We prevent hazards during the transport of our products to the greatest possible extent by strictly observing the applicable load securing regulations and the maximum permitted loads.