Read all of the details of the project and how our industrial heat is created here.
- The pipeline connection from the heat source to HafenCity East is 3.7 km long, nearly the same length as Hamburg’s Köhlbrand Bridge.
- The heat volume of 160 millionkWh can supply a total of 8,000 four-person households for about a year.
- The industrial heat project prevents 20,000 t of CO2. This is equivalent to the emissions of 10,000 mid-range cars driving 12,000 km per year.
- The adjustment to the acid cooling facility saves 12 million m3 of cooling water and Elbe River water annually. This is equivalent to the volume of around 4,800 Olympic-size swimming pools.
- Aurubis and Enercity each invested over € 20 million in the industrial heat project.