Key Moments in Our History
In 1906, Buffalo Copper & Brass Rolling Mill was organized.
The original plant was 61,000 sq. ft., with a four-high mill for hot rolling, and three two-high sheet rolls. In July 1917, the mill was purchased by the American Brass Company which was one of the largest and best-equipped brass and copper mills in the country during this time.
Fast forward to 1968, the Mine Mill & Smelter Workers Union #593 became affiliated with the United Steelworkers of America. And in 1970, a new Casting Shop was added, increasing our facilities by 47,000 sq. ft.
Major Expansion Completed in 1984
In 1984, a $90M USD expansion of the Buffalo facilities was completed, increasing operating capacity by 40%.
ISO & IATF
In 1994, the Buffalo plant earned its ISO 9002 Certification. And by 2003, the plant became the first brass mill in North America to receive received its TS 16949 Certification.
Becoming Aurubis Buffalo, Inc.
In 2006, the Buffalo plant celebrated its 100-year anniversary. That same year, the company was acquired by Nordic Capital and was renamed Luvata Buffalo, Inc. On September 1st, 2011, Luvata Buffalo, Inc. was sold to Aurubis and became Aurubis Buffalo, Inc.
Today, Aurubis Buffalo is part of Aurubis AG's Commercial Division.
The company employs over 500 individuals, all of whom display competence and commitment to our capability-driven strategy.
About Aurubis Group
Global Facts & Figures
- Aurubis Group was first founded as a stock corporation in 1866.
- Aurubis is one of the leading integrated copper groups.
- The group has grown to upwards of ~6,300 employees across production sites in Europe and the United States, and sales offices around the world.
- Aurubis stands for innovative processes, cutting-edge technology, exemplary environmental protection, customer value, and profitability.